Friday, March 26, 2010

Drug Buy

So my allergies are still kicking my butt. The generic Claritin is working but my nose is still dripping and I feel congested. I needed more drugs. I went to my local "Red Bullseye" store to score some Psuedoephedrine, more commonly known as Sudafed. I forgot that they were restricted now and that I had to go to the pharmacy to pick it up. I grabbed the picture card for what I wanted and went to the counter. I got carded! Yes, I was asked for my ID. I'm over 18. So I handed her my drivers license, she examined it and then she swiped it through the cashier register. I then had to read a statement on the signature pad saying that I'm buying and using these drugs properly and not in any illegal activities. I even had to sign it.

What a stupid law the legislature enacted. This is what happens when common sense is lost and never found. People who make crystal meth aren't going to purchase these drugs legally and one by one. They're just going to steal them off the shelf. Having them behind the counter is fine since it'll cut down on theft but to ask someone for ID and have them sign a declaration is just way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment