Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flame On!

Last weekend Orchard Supply Hardware was having a "We pay the sales tax" sale. So I went to looking for a barbecue grill since my current one was rusting out. My mind was pretty much set on what I wanted. I just hoped that OSH carried it. I looked on the net for prices and they all were pretty much the same price. Either it was priced cheaper but then shipping would negate the savings or it was free shipping but no discounted price. I figured that without paying the sales tax, I would be able to pick up the grill for the online price and I wouldn't have to wait for it to ship.

Low and behold, OSH had what I wanted, a Weber Q 220. I was looking at the 110 but it lacked a temperature gauge, electronic ignition, side tables, and less cooking space. I really didn't care for the first three but I did want more cooking space and the 110 was almost the same size as my current rust bucket. The 220 was just $30 more so that's what I picked up.


Getting it home was no problem but the box was kinda oversized. I managed to get it up the long staircase with little trouble. Assembly was quick and easy. I turned it on and powered it up. Hooray! It flamed on with no leaks or problems. The temperature gauge hit over 450 degrees. This thing is going to cook. It was late and I had to eat and get to bed early for work so grilling was a no go. But as I went to sleep the thought of what to grill danced through my dreams.


The next day, I had some beef and salmon defrosting. I was going to do Oyster Sauce Beef and Steamed Salmon but they could be grilled just as easy. They would inaugurate the first grilling. So after a quick marinade, I went to work. I threw in some Italian sausages that I had lying around as well. Delicious!


I kinda overcooked the Salmon and undercooked the beef but otherwise edible. I need to speed more time with the Q to get used to the heat and cooking times. I have spring, summer and fall to get my grilling down. It'll be fun and oh so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment