Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Big Bag Of Hurt!"

So I found a notebook blu-ray burning for cheap and put it in an enclosure to test. I wanted to see how easy it was to make a back-up copy of a blu-ray disk for backup purposes. I'm on a Mac so there is only one choice at the moment. Makemkv. To make a long story short and to quote Steve Jobs, "It's a big bag of hurt!" It takes a long time to rip it to the HD, probably because it's a notebook drive. And it takes hours to process the video file into something that's manageable to use.















From what I've read, the windows side is a little more easy but the processing time is the killer. Even with my Mac Pro, which is very heavy duty, the wait time is long and arduous. I think I'll pass on blu-ray for now. The picture quality is excellent mind you but backing them up is a pain and the DRM sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment